Diesel Exhaust Fluid, otherwise known as automotive-grade urea, is a very stable product with a comparatively long shelf life. According to industry sources:
DEF storage containers from Terra Industries
- • If Diesel Exhaust Fluid is kept to temperatures between 10 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit, it will last a minimum of 1 year without problems.
- • Big bulk dispensers (1,000 gallons) have internal climate control systems.
- • In cold temperature regions it is recommended to store Diesel Exhaust Fluid in a storage unit. In warm temperature regions it is recommended to store Diesel Exhaust Fluid in a shaded area.
- • New climate control systems specifically for Diesel Exhaust Fluid are being developed.
- • Additional information about handling and storing Diesel Exhaust Fluid can be found here.
Examples of DEF Bulk Distribution and Storage in Europe